Manager, Human Resources (18-Month Maternity Leave)
Reporting to the CEO and providing strategic HR support to the executive and management teams, the Manager, Human Resources is a maternity leave 18-month contract position in our Toronto Office managing Ring of Fire Metals’ HR functions across our three work sites: Thunder Bay, Toronto and our remote Esker Site. This position creates HR strategy, executes projects and ensures compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
Candidates experienced with EPCM, project development, or operational experience will thrive in this next chapter at ROFM.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide pro-active guidance and coaching to employees, supervisors and managers on the areas of performance counseling, policy interpretation and implementation, employment legislation, conflict resolution and legal requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise to all employees in the areas of recruitment, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, career development and succession planning.
- Investigate team member questions/concerns/complaints and subsequently make recommendations on required actions.
- Interpret and communicate policies to managers and employees ensuring consistent, fair and efficient application.
- Manage the design of HR programs, policies and initiatives and ensure they are successfully implemented, well understood, and they support strategy and values.
- Ensure employee files are accurate and well maintained
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Manage recruitment and selection process to drive top talent into the organization, through assisting hiring managers with job description creation and evaluation process, participation in the interview process, and preparing contracts and job offers as required
- Conduct corporate new hire orientation and onboarding.
Payroll and Benefits
- Together with the Controller, ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll input and updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal and provincial laws and best practices.
- Administer ROFM benefits program
Performance Management, Learning and Development
- Manage ROFM annual performance program
- Provide support and coaching to managers in addressing employee performance, behavioral and disciplinary issues.
- Conduct investigations and participate in progressive disciplinary actions as required.
- Provide leadership development and performance coaching.
- Manage training and development programs
- Lead the strategy and planning for employee engagement surveys
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Partner with Leadership to develop and implement diversity strategies to support the shaping of an inclusive and supportive work culture.
- Work to ensure diversity and inclusion strategy is integrated within policies, processes, procedures and learning initiatives
- Embed systems that identify and report on trends and patterns in diversity and inclusion issues, developing strategies to mitigate potential workplace culture issues.
- Complete company reporting as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, COMPENTENCIES & EXPERTISE
- Post-Secondary Education, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or in another related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ of related HR experience required.
- CHRP Designation is an asset
- Experience in the mining/natural resource or the construction industry is an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of HR legislation and practices.
- Outstanding communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Flexible mindset, comfortable navigating ambiguity and rapid change, designing solutions to complex and novel problems.
- Comfortable thinking creatively, asking difficult questions and challenging existing ways of doing things.
- Resilient and self-managing with the ability to work autonomously.